The Center for SMART Health provides a number of services to UCLA researchers (from the David Geffen School of Medicine, as well as other Schools, the College, and Institutes); in addition to external parties interested in interacting with UCLA and the UCLA Health System. In addition to ECRI, which enables novel solutions for recruitment, the Center for SMART Health is actively engaged in collaborative endeavors that engage UCLA and external parties for development and validation.
EMBEDDED CLINICAL RESEARCH AND INNOVATION UNIT (ECRI)
The ECRI team focus is on:
- Large institutional research and quality improvement projects that require experienced level implementation, recruitment, and full operational support services to get projects off the ground running.
- Specializing in taking on UCLA leadership’s high priority projects to assure success in implementation, recruitment, and outcomes. The team works closely with the Health System and David Geffen School of Medicine to help bond research and clinical care into a seamless integrated partnership.
A significant portion of our team’s efforts go to managing operations for:
- UCLA’s Institute for Precision Health ATLAS Project/Universal Consent, as well as all Precision Health related projects that require research and in-clinic implementation support.
- The UCLA Center for SMART Health, where we operationalize and recruit participants for their projects involving smart health wearable technologies.
- Managing the Athena Breast Health Network for UCLA and the Los Angeles regional sites. This network focuses on breast cancer screening prevention studies, including the WISDOM study. WISDOM is a collaboration between all UCs and The Sanford Medical centers in the Midwest.
ECRI LINKS AND CONTACT
To inquire about ECRI services, please contact the ECRI director, Antonia Petruse, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call office line at (310) 794-0367.
UCLA AND THIRD PARTY COLLABORATIONS
- For UCLA, domestic third party, and international (i.e., those involving any group/parties outside of the United States) collaborations, please email Dr. Arash Naeim directly.